Saturday 7 May 2011

I Loved Getting Away With It by Julie Cohen!


I really loved Julie Cohen's new book Getting Away With It! If you remember, in my earlier blog, I went to the book launch in Reading Library.
Ok, at first, I didn't like Liza very much, but I don't think I was meant to as a contrast to her hardworking, charitable twin, Lee. But as I read on, I found myself rooting for her as she tried so hard to pretend to be her sister and cover up for her disappearance. And the finale in the final pages was straight out of Hollywood!
I know Wiltshire quite well, and it was fun to guess where Stoneguard might actually be.
It was also interesting to watch Exile this week on BBC One with the excellent John Simm and Jim Broadbent. Although the story went in a completely different direction and was more of a tragedy, the elements were the same although in that case it was the long lost brother returning, and the father who had Alzheimer's.
And the beetroot and horseradish in the photograph? You'll have to read Julie's book to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment